Monday 26 September 2011

So Little Time So Much Clay

As previously mentioned I decided to investigate crafting with Polymer Clay. By chance I was amazingly lucky and came across a wonderful lady Karol Male at Coveted Artistry  - who makes the most marvelous polymer clay jewellery, and also shares her knowledge and skills by holding workshops.


Attending the beginners workshop in her lovely studio in Dereham I didn't believe I would be able to achieve the wonderful effects in canework she showed us. But with her patient tuition I did.  I was so pleased with what I achieved with Karols help (true I do need further practice and to hone my skills).  I was completely hooked and all morning  I could only focus on what we were doing and hardly touched the tea and biscuits kindly provided. (I know unusual!)




I was determined to attend Karol's Intermediate workshop which I did and I absolutely loved making more intricate canes.  However now all I want to do is sit and practice and create with clay. However daily life intrudes, why do I have to work, eat, cook, clean  I could be rolling, kneading, blending and creating. Oh well I will fit it in when I can.

I have put in some pictures of some of the work I did in progress and I have to say thank you to Karol not only a great teacher but also a truly lovely lady I feel fortunate to have met. No doubt we will keep in touch and I am sure I will be back for other workshops.


Bye for now xx

1 comment:

  1. It is such a wonderful thing to play with, and so addictive! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete